It’s almost time for our all-day sew fest, featuring the paint chip challenge & mini quilt swap, a community heart quilt project, and a salad bar potluck! Please RSVP here so we can plan accordingly. And kindly your mask, regardless of vaccination status, unless you’re actively eating or drinking.
When: January 22, 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- You’re welcome to come as early as 8:30 a.m.
- Come ready to help set up your sewing station when you arrive and put items away before you go.
- Paint chip challenge swap will be at 11:00 a.m., lunch at noon.
Where: LDS church at 3200 Cassia St., Boise 83705. It’s the same location as our summer quilting day camp, in the same large gym.
Some other things to know:
- Masks are required while not actively eating.
- Bring a topping for our lunch salad bar. We’ll also have a snack table if you want to bring anything else to share with others throughout the day.
- Bring your own refillable water bottle or mug, and we’ll cut down on waste.
- In the RSVP form, let us know if you can bring things such as your iron, ironing board, etc.
Paint chip challenge: If you’re like some of us and still contemplating what to make for your mini quilt, check out the BMQ Pinterest board or the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild’S board a little inspiration. Let us know in the RSVP form if you’ll be bringing your swap or need to make other arrangements.
New year, new meeting time: Based on feedback, our Saturday meetings will be moved up to 10 a.m. . We’ll plan to meet inside for upcoming meetings, wear masks regardless of vaccination status, and be in locations with space to spread out (this applies for sew days and shorter meetings alike). When the weather is great and we want to meet out in the park, we’ll do that.