Date: Dec. 3, 2022
Location: Library at Bown Crossing, Boise
Attendees: 27 members 1 visitor
President Lindsie Bergevin gave an annual report:
- Membership is at 57, Facebook followers 593, Instagram followers 893
- 2022 events included:
- May Yard Sale resulted in a $75 donation to the Warm Springs Neighborhood Association.
- September Quilt Walk received positive interest from the community, with approximately 350 visitors participating in voting for People’s Choice; location not as suitable as we would have liked.
- August Quilt Camp at Luther Heights; continues to be a great facility; the event was profitable by $482 ($356 from the raffle ticket sales)
- Giving Back: Anna Yates and Jeri Wood volunteered to help deliver 8 quilts made by many of the members, and the group made 69 zip pouches. The programs will be ongoing.
- Financials: As of November 27, the Guild’s 2022 expenses have exceeded income by $226 deficit, though cash on hand makes this a minor issue.
- 2023 Dues: To sustain future Guild activities (such as workshops and lectures), membership dues will increase to $25/year in January 2023. Lindsie explained that dues will increase incrementally in the next few years (e.g., $5/year) to support programming.
- 2023 Programming plans include:
- Jan 28, 2023 After Holiday Party. Pincushion Swap, extended hours 8am-4pm Location to be determined, potluck lunch
- June 24, 2023 Guest speaker, Steph Skardol
- August 17-20,2023 Quilt Camp negotiating extended hours Thursday, December 15 eve arrival through Sunday late departure.
Officer Elections for 2023 Board
Twenty-seven ballots were cast, and the nominated slate of officers were elected unanimously:
- President: Darla Christiansen
- Vice President: Marilyn Shake
- Secretary: Millissa Masters
- Treasurer: Kathy Stockton
- Membership Coordinator: Shelly Harshman
Guild members Gwen Smith and Fay Hikida tallied and confirmed the resuls.
Show & Tell
Deb Stoner – Arrowhead quilt (pattern by Kristi Schroeder) and a charm pack baby quilt
Betsey Johnson – Drunkards Path quilt using all oranges and a cardinal table topper/wall quilt
Ginny King – two whole cloth baby quilts with gauze backs
Misty Neilsen – black and white Circular paper pieced quilt (pattern by Audrey Esarey)
Tara Faughnan gave a 1-hour presentation via Zoom, including Q&A. The presentation was well received by the group.
January 28 Volunteer Sign-up