Wow, show & tell at Saturday’s meeting was a doozy! A big big thanks to everyone who brought finished community giving quilts (we had a lot!) or took some home to move toward completion. If you need a BMQG label to sew onto your donation quilt, pick up one of the new labels at our next meeting. And, watch the BMQG Instagram and Facebook feeds for photos from our meeting.
Tips and conversation:
- Marilyn has lots of sheets for use as backing on donation quilts
- Modernquiltstudio.com – Carol M. recommends the mystery quilts by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr
- Cascade Life Alliance takes blankets for Organ Donors – lap size is perfect and these become family heirlooms
- Coveyquilts.com – member Denise C. jumped in and started her own quilty business
- Eclectic Curio at Glenwood & Chinden – Pam P. shared some of her great finds from there!
- Appreciation to our friend Pat C. who brought another generous amount of fabric, and Barbara M. who shared rulers and books. So many things found new homes!
- A former is selling her Bernina Q20 Longarm, purchased October 2022; used minimally and being sold due to downsizing; $11,000 as is. Interested? Contact us at [email protected]
- Marilyn spoke about why willing to be a volunteer for this group is advantageous. She noted that a volunteer might get chicken socks from Kathy (Treasurer), how Shelly (Membership) keeps us on track, and that you get to choose the best cabin at Quilt Camp! Thanks to these board members and to others who have volunteered to participate in next year’s board!!
Be sure to mark your calendar for these upcoming events:
PEO’s Holiday Bazaars: Several of our members are also PEO members, and mentioned these upcoming events:
- Nov. 4, 9:30am-2:30pm, St. Michael’s Episcopal Cathedral (512 N. Eighth St. Downtown Boise)
- Nov. 18, 9am-3pm, 824 E. Logan in Caldwell
Surprise Valley Neighborhood Holiday Pop-up: Nov. 18, 10am-3pm, 6105 S. Schooner Place, East Boise; featuring items from some of our own members!
Annual Meeting: Dec. 2, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Sewfinity, 800 S Industry Way, Suite 360, Meridian (please, no children at this location due to safety precautions) (no meeting in November) Our appreciation to Angela Bowman for hosting us again! We’ll take care of required annual meeting business (year in review, elections, etc) and then hear from Cheryl Arkison, who believes life is too short not to play with fabric. Cheryl will talk about how “Improv is My Love Language,” loosely inspired on the idea of the five love languages for showing and feeling love, this presentation shares her theories on the love languages of quilters.
After-Holiday Sew Party: Jan. 27 – We’ll sew, show, eat (potluck!) and swap (stay tuned for details). We’ll swap something made out of a tea towel. It could be a bag, an apron, an embellished tea towel, a pin cushion or anything else you come up with! Use a vintage tea towel, a brand-spanking new one, or one from your kitchen drawer. In a pinch, bring one you pick up on the way to the party (because hey, life happens!). We’ll trade by drawing names (like we did at Camp). Need some inspiration? Check out our Tea Towel Crafts Pinterest board.