We hope you had a good Thanksgiving holiday, and we’re thankful for your participation in the guild! A few notes and updates:
Renew by Dec. 8: A reminder to renew your annual membership soon. Dues are $20/year; renew or join by December 8. You have two payment options:
2) mail a check to Shelly Harshman, 1196 W Bear Track Drive, Meridian, ID 83642. Please make checks payable to Boise Modern Quilt Guild. (You can also bring a check to our Dec. 3 meeting)
Changes to dues starting in 2023: Membership dues will change to $25 beginning on January 1, 2023. (Renew now and save a few bucks!)
- The change in dues represents the first increase since the Boise MQG was established in 2010. The board voted unanimously on November 18, 2022, to increase the annual dues by $5, with a potential $5 increase every year for the next couple years to meet the needs of the guild. (We’ll provide more details about this at our Dec. 3 meeting.)
- Membership to BMQG includes automatic membership to the national Modern Quilt Guild (a $35 value), which includes access to hundreds of patterns, QuiltCon perks, shopping discounts, online events and more.
- Local MQGs pay a flat annual fee based on the number of members in their group. As our guild has grown, the amount we send to national MQG has increased to $840 — for 2022 that’s about $17 of each member’s dues — and is our guild’s single largest expense. The immense value we receive from this affiliation provides all of us access to MQG information and programs, and notably, our guild’s designation as a 501 (c)3 charitable organization.
- Your BMQG board members work continually to use guild funds judiciously — keeping costs low (e.g., finding no-cost meeting room options) while spending money for programs that align with our mission (e.g., bringing in guest speakers and purchasing batting for community donation quilts).
Dec. 3 Annual Meeting: We look forward to seeing you on Saturday for our annual business meeting (including board elections and 2022 Review) and amazing guest speaker Tara Faughnan!
- When: Saturday, Dec. 3, 10:15 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (Please note start time; the library opens at 10:00 a.m., and we’ll allow a few minutes for everyone to settle into the meeting room.) Tara joins us at 11:30 a.m.
- Where: Library! at Bown Crossing, Martie Brennan Multipurpose Room
Please let us know if you have any questions, and see you on Saturday!