Thank you for your interest in the Boise Modern Quilt Guild! If you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.
Not sure if you want to join? Come quilt with us – we welcome guests! Guests may attend up to two activities in a membership year at no cost, but are expected to become members and pay dues upon attending a third Guild activity.
Annual Membership dues are:
- General Members = $20 (after July 1 dues are $10)
- Junior Members* = $10
*Please note that Junior members must be between 13 and 17 years old and have an individual sponsor (a current member of the Boise MQG) present with them at Guild events.
Dues are due at the time of joining the guild and thereafter at the annual membership meeting in November.
- Being part of a laid-back guild dedicated to having fun, exploring modern quilting and giving back to the community
- Opportunities to participate in swaps and challenges
- Priority access to register for Boise MQG retreats, workshops and other paid events
- Membership in the international Modern Quilt Guild. Member-only resources and benefits are impressive — find more details here.
- Involvement in the Modern Quilt Guild fabric challenges
- Free attendance to QuiltCon, the Modern Quilt Guild’s annual convention, as well as member pricing for workshops at the convention. Members can also enter quilts into the judged quilt show at QuiltCon.
- Members of the Boise MQG receive discounts at Jo-Ann Fabrics with the 10% VIP Program
- Opportunity to meet other modern quilters, share ideas, and learn about modern quilting
Boise MQG monthly membership meetings are Sew Days. Sounds more fun than “meetings,” huh?
- Sew Days can comprise of workshops, special projects, or just whatever quilting or sewing project you want to bring. Also, bring something you’ve made recently, to be highlighted during Show and Tell.
- Sew Days are generally held the 4th Saturday of each month from 1 to 4 p.m. Recently, we’ve been meeting virtually via Zoom, and the links are provided to current members through our current member email list. When we are able to meet in person, we’ll notify you through our email list (and post the details here on the website) where the location will be. Please refer to the calendar in the sidebar for the most current dates, times and locations.
Become a member!
Here’s what you need to do to become a member:
- Click here to fill out the membership form.
- Pay your dues. Bring a check with you to the next Sew Day or click here to pay online with a credit or debit card (processed by PayPal). A service fee of $1 will be added to all online payments.
NOTE: Renewing members can also pay their dues online through the link above.
Before becoming a member, please read our Bylaws.
To learn about the responsibilities of board members, please read Position Descriptions of Board Members.