When: Saturday, February 23, 1 pm – 4 pm
Where: Boise Public Library, 715 S. Capitol Blvd., Boise, ID (Marion Bingham Room on 3rd floor)
This month Carol Mitchell will be leading us in the double wedding ring quilt. For those who are interested in making a double wedding ring quilt, a single block, or just learn the process, Carol is willing to help you. She won’t actually “teach” a class, but will help you try to avoid areas where you may have a few difficulties.
As an example, she will use as her double wedding ring quilt she made inspired by Victoria Findlay Wolfe’s book, “Double Wedding Ring Quilts” and Victoria’s other book, “15 Minutes of Play”.
If you don’t have the books, don’t worry about it unless you REALLY want to make a quilt in Victoria’s style. Carol will have hers on hand.
If you would like to participate please bring:
- Sewing machine and related tools
- Fabric to make a block. A few fat quarters will do nicely.
- If you want to make “made fabric” bring lots of scraps – any shape, any color – lots of them.
- Spray starch – if you have it.
- Best Press – if you have it.
Carol will bring the DWR templates. As always, please bring your completed modern projects to share with the group.
If you have them, it’s always a good idea to bring a power strip and/or small extension cord as well.
Not familiar with how our meetings work? We typically follow this format:
- Quick announcements
- Show and share
- Sewing on individual projects, and of course conversation (or tutorial/presentation if one is scheduled)