The July 23 meeting will be at Julia Davis Park, 700 S. Capitol Blvd. in Boise, 10 a.m. – noon. We’ll gather in a shady area near the Rose Garden. (please note, Zoo Boise is hosting an event that day so parking may be a bit more crowded than normal). What to bring:
- a chair or something to sit on, water, sunscreen
- additional finished zipper pouches (we’ll plan on filling them that day)
- your completed Modern Block of the Month
- show and tell!
We’ll also update you on Quilt Camp and the September 10 Quilt Walk. Other updates:
- Inaugural MQG Sessions: Have you seen that Modern Quilt Guild is holding a member-only virtual event October 13-16? You can spend the weekend learning from some of the best quilting instructors in the comfort of your own home. For one flat rate of $95 members will have access to over 20 hours of lectures, social gatherings, and more. Every education session is recorded and registered attendees can watch live and replay the recordings on demand for 14 days following the event. Registration will open to MQG members only on July 26th, 2022 at 11 a.m. CDT. Check out the faculty and schedule here: https://www.themodernquiltguild.com/sessions/
- QuiltCon is Coming: Registration opens on August 16. MQG is using a virtual waiting room this year to better manage the registration process. Information will be provided prior to registration day about how this process will work. Be sure to check out the QuiltCon Challenges page to learn more about the various technique and fabric challenges for QuiltCon 2023 (and if enough people from BMQG are interested in participating, we’re looking for a couple of volunteers to lead the effort).