Join us for our annual weekend of “no-host” modern quilting, being in the mountains, and enjoying all the natural beauty Stanley has to offer.
When: August 9-11 (You are welcome to arrive anytime after 2:00 p.m. Friday August 9, and stay through 3 p.m. Sunday August 11)
Where: Luther Heights Bible Camp – Stanley, Idaho (Location on Google Maps)
Cost: $100 per Boise MQG member | $120 non-members
- The retreat is limited to 25 attendees. After June 16 we will open the retreat to non-members.
- Meals are included (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Our guild will be quilting in the spacious lodge/dining hall.
- This will be a “no-host” retreat, meaning that everyone brings their own projects to work on, sewing machines and necessary tools.
- We will bring some extension/power cords, but you may want to bring your own just in case.
- Our area’s Gammill dealer will be attending our retreat, and she is bringing two longarm quilting machines for us to use! Those interested will receive a brief training session on how to use the machine, as well as assistance whenever needed during the retreat. A collection of somewhat neutral threads will be available for use. If you’d like to quilt a quilt top during the retreat, bring:
- quilt top/runner no more than 75″ wide (length doesn’t really matter). It’s not recommended to bring your prized project that is going in the quilt show – a project to practice on is perfect!
- backing that measures 2-3″ larger on all 4 sides than the top
- batting of your choice. Or you can purchase 80/20 Hobbs 96″-wide for about $6 per yard.
- Cabins with bunk beds – each cabin sleeps up to twelve people
- Each cabin has a bathroom.
- Please bring your own bedding (sleeping bag, foam pad, pillows, twin sheet, etc.), towels and toiletries, as well as any recreational gear. There will be hiking, swimming in Alturas Lake, etc. available if you want to enjoy the great outdoors.
A few things to note:
- We may be sharing the camp with another group, but other than at meal times, we should be to ourselves.
- It is Luther Height Bible Camp’s regular practice to have Christian grace before all meals.
- The Boise Modern Quilt Guild will not be arranging transportation. Please feel free to make carpool arrangements amongst yourselves.
- While adult beverages are allowed, the camp asks that all “exercise great discretion and prudence in this regard.”
- You may bring your own snacks/food.
- Sorry, no pets.
Read more about the Luther Heights Bible Camp: http://lutherheights.org/facilities.php
UPDATE: the retreat is full! Thanks everyone!
Members may sign up by submitting the form they received by email. If less than 25 members have signed up by June 16, non-members may sign up by submitting this form (link will be available June 17) . You may choose to mail us a check or pay via PayPal.