We are going old school and headed to summer camp! Join us for a great weekend of “no-host” modern quilting, being in the mountains, and enjoying all the natural beauty Stanley has to offer.
When: July 7-9, 2017 (You are welcome to arrive anytime after 3:30 p.m. Friday, July 7, and stay through 1 p.m. Sunday, July 9)
Where: Luther Heights Bible Camp – Stanley, Idaho (Location on Google Maps)
Cost: $90 per Boise MQG member ($110 for nonmembers)
- The retreat is limited to 25 attendees. After May 6, retreat registration is open to nonmembers.
- Meals are included (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Our guild will be quilting in the spacious lodge/dining hall. We will bring some extension/power cords, but you may want to bring your own just in case.
- This is a “no-host” retreat, meaning that everyone must bring their own projects to work on, sewing machines and tools that are necessary. We may plan a fun sewing related activity, but more on that later.
- We will have a design wall for anyone to use.
- Cabins with bunk beds – each cabin sleeps up to twelve people.
- Each cabin has a bathroom.
- Please bring your own bedding (sleeping bag, foam pad, pillows, twin sheet, etc.), towels and toiletries, as well as any recreational gear. There will be hiking, swimming in Alturas Lake, etc. available if you want to enjoy the great outdoors.
- For a detailed packing list, refer to the Retreat Packing List.
A few things to note:
- We will be sharing the camp with a group of fly fishermen, but other than at meal times, we should be to ourselves.
- It is Luther Height Bible Camp’s regular practice to have Christian grace before all meals.
- The Boise Modern Quilt Guild will not be arranging transportation. Please feel free to make carpool arrangements amongst yourselves.
- While adult beverages are allowed, the camp asks that all “exercise great discretion and prudence in this regard.”
- You may bring your own snacks/food.
- Sorry, no pets.
If this sounds too good to miss, sign up by May 6 by filling out this form. You can choose to mail us a check or pay via PayPal.
Read more about the Luther Heights Bible Camp: http://lutherheights.org/facilities.php