We are excited to share with you that we are bringing quilter Nicole Neblett to Boise for a two-day Big and Bold Modern Quilt Making Workshop!
- When: Friday and Saturday, June 5 & 6, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day
- Where: JUMP – Inspire Studio, 1000 W Myrtle St. Boise, ID 83702
- Cost: $175 BMQG members, $200 non-members
- Availability: 20 spots are available, first come first served. Sign-ups are open to Boise MQG members until March 22, and any spots available after then will be open to non-members.
Want to learn more about modern quilting and make a big and bold modern quilt? In this two-day workshop, we’ll talk about modern quilting and you’ll learn an easy technique for creating quilts with large, irregularly shaped pieces.
- On day 1, we’ll review common design principles and elements of modern quilts and have a trunk show featuring Nicole’s quilts. We’ll also explore our surroundings for sources of design inspiration.
- On day 2, we will apply the modern quilt design concepts from day 1 to make a big and bold modern quilt top. We’ll use an easy technique involving freezer paper to sew together a quilt using large, irregularly shaped pieces.
- By the end of the workshop, you will be on your way to making big and bold modern quilts!
To enroll in the workshop, please sign up here and complete the form which includes instructions on how to pay. Once payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email that your spot has been secured, along with a class supply list.
Learn more about Nicole at http://mamalovequilts.com.
March’s Sew Day was a lot of fun! We had a longer session to sew and talk and share our projects. We had a brief update about this summer’s Bogus Basin Quilt Guild Quilt Show that we are invited as guest guild to. We hope to have a lot of submissions from our guild members. Our goal is to enter at least 50 quilts. Boise Modern Quilt Guild members are allowed to enter up to two quilts for free, for either judging or exhibit only. (Additional quilts are $3 each.) They have even created a new Modern quilt category this year! You can read more about the particulars on our Quilt Show FAQ page.
We had a handful of new faces join us and it was fun to meet and talk with everyone! We also built and gathered 32 blocks for our Guild’s banner quilt. We are half way to our goal of 64! If you have built more blocks to add to our stack, bring them to the April Sew Day. We’ll have a longer Sew Day that day as well, to build more banner blocks. We hope to start building the center part and arrange the quilt sometime in May.
Photos from the Boise Modern Quilt Guild March Sew Day show and tell
I am sorry I don’t remember everyone’s names! But the quilts were fabulous to see and get inspiration from. Thanks, everyone, for bringing your projects to share.
Stain-glass window pattern.
Front of owl quilt
Back of owl quilt
Front of grandkid’s quilt
Back of grandkid’s quilt
She created this for a magazine’s fabric challenge using Downton Abbey fabric lines and won an award for it.
Jacket with quilted labels and pockets.
Mystery quilt done with BBQG 2013 pattern.
Irish chain wedding quilt.
Kris’ latest quilt.
Back of quilt.