Please join us for our virtual September Guild meeting!
Join us Saturday, September 26 at 1 pm for our monthly guild meeting, where we will be using Zoom again to conduct our meeting.
For the meeting itself, we’ll cover the following:
- Check in
- We are going to keep our meeting this month quick and casual. Since we haven’t met for the past two months we want to see what you have been working on! We will only have 40 minutes of meeting time, so have your projects ready to show off!
If you haven’t been able to join us the past few months, we promise Zoom is really easy to set up! If you haven’t done this before, we recommend that you do the following ahead of time to make sure you have it set up correctly before it’s time to meet.
- You’ll need to choose a device with a camera, microphone and speakers. This could be a computer, tablet or phone. Keep in mind that some computers don’t have a microphone built in, so by testing ahead of time, you can decide which device would work best.
- Next, follow the link (sent to members via email) and it will walk you through downloading and installing the Zoom app. You’ll be prompted to create a free account but once you do so, you won’t need to log in again.
- Then on Saturday Sep 26 at 1 pm, come back to this email, click on the link again and it’ll bring you right into our meeting.
Here’s a few best practices for our virtual guild meeting:
- Plug your computer or device into a power source
- Use a headset if you are in a crowded or noisy space
- Mute your microphone when not actively speaking
- Be aware of your surroundings and behavior (We can see you!)
- Add questions/comments in the “Chat” section to be addressed by moderators
- Use the “Raise hand” button if you would like to address the group
- Make comments short and succinct, mute for responses
Let us know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to it!