When: Saturday, September 23, 1 pm – 4 pm
Where: Boise Public Library, 715 S Capitol Blvd, Boise, ID (Marion Bingham Room on 3rd floor)
We are not meeting at the Julia Davis Park like we intended. It’s just too chilly and soggy.
This month we are doing something a bit different! We thought it would be fun to take our meeting outside and learn how to do big stitch hand quilting. Our instructor will be Billie Farley and she will give us a short tutorial followed by plenty of time for practice. We will email a supply list later this week. Make sure you bring a quilt or lawn chair to sit on!
Update: Here’s the supply list:
- quilt sandwich that is basted together with pins or thread (choose lightweight batting that is recommended for hand quilting – Warm & Natural not recommended)
- wooden quilting hoop that is more than an inch deep, and 14-20+ inches in diameter (Billie will bring a couple extra of these)
- embroidery needle with a large eye
- thread – Perle cotton #12 or #8 are great options
- thimble – make sure it fits
- finger cots or finger gloves (Billie will bring many of these)
- small embroidery scissors
Not familiar with big stitch quilting? Check out this photo:
As always, please bring your completed modern projects to share with the group.
Not familiar with how our meetings work? We typically follow this format:
- Quick announcements
- Show and share
- Sewing on individual projects, and of course conversation (or tutorial/presentation if one is scheduled)