Riley Blake Designs is sponsoring the 3rd annual Modern Quilt Guild members fabric challenge! Boise MQG’s participants have their fabric and are contemplating their projects. Here’s the fabric:
- Complete a modern quilt – any size
- Allowed to add any solid fabric or Riley Blake print (you do not need to use all the fabric you are given)
The key component of the overall quilt design must be modern and incorporate one or more of the following principles of modern quilting:
- Reinterpreting traditional design/blocks
- Alternate grid work or lack of visible block structure
- Expansive negative space
- High contrast and graphic areas of solid color
- Improvisational piecing
What to do:
- Now: Make your quilt! Share your process using #mqgrileyblakechallenge on Instagram and Twitter.
- February 17, 2014: Submit your entry to the MQG. You can do this sooner, but the 17th is the deadline. Read the Riley Blake Fabric Challenge – Update! post for info.
- February 22, 2014: Bring your quilt to the Boise MQG Sew Day. We’ll take photos of our entries.