We are getting so excited for our upcoming Quilt Day Camp next month! We’ve now closed our registration, and are making final preparations for our event!
Here are some photos from last year’s retreat in Stanley, to give you a flavor of what to expect this year. We’re also doing a countdown sponsor spotlight on our Instagram and Facebook pages, where you can see some sneak peeks of the swag and raffle items that were donated this year.
Day camp details
When: July 24, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (We’re starting early! You’re welcome to arrive as early as 7:30 a.m.)
Where: LDS church at 3200 Cassia St., Boise 83705 (Because of the hot weather, we’re moving inside to the spacious gym space inside the church building.)
Cost: $40 per Boise MQG member | $65 non-members
- Morning treats (baked goods, coffee, juice) and catered lunch is provided.
- Those fabulous collections of swag are back! Plus, an expanded raffle ($1/ticket), so bring your cash and hope to win. Contributions to the swag and raffle come from the likes of Sewfinity, Quilt Crossing, Roost Books, Kitchen Table Quilting, QuiltCon, Cotton and Joy, Alison Glass, Pen and Paper Patterns, Aurifil, FreeSpirit Fabrics and more!
- We will bring some extension/power cords, but you may want to bring your own just in case.
- Ironing boards with irons, cutting tables with mats, and a couple design walls will be provided for your use.
- This will be a “no-host” retreat, meaning that everyone brings their own sewing machines, necessary tools and projects to work on.
- We’ll bring Sisters of the Hex supplies and see where the project stands.
- The Get ‘er Done table (for donation quilts at any stage) and Free table will be set up. Find or bring fabric and scraps, orphan blocks and unfinished projects (at any stage).
Some things to note:
- Masks are optional; we’ll supply hand sanitizer.
- We will be at a church facility, so please no alcohol.
- Restrooms and water available.
- Feel free to bring your own snacks/food.
- Sorry, no pets.