Join us for our monthly Sew Day!
When: Saturday, October 25, 1 pm – 4 pm
Where: Boise Public Library, 715 S Capitol Blvd, Boise, ID (Marion Bingham Room on 3rd floor)
This month Linda Vermette will teach us a bit about appliqué – glued and needleturn. Linda will demonstrate the glued technique and will then provide an opportunity for everyone to try their hand at the needleturn method.
If you are interested in participating, please bring:
- 10” square of fabric
- Needle and thread for hand sewing
This tutorial will not take all the allotted time for the room, so bring a project to work on too. If you aren’t interested in the tutorial, no worries. Just bring something to work on and enjoy the company!
A few other items of interest:
- If you have them, it’s always a good idea to bring a power strip and/or small extension cord as well.
- We have some leftover free fabric scraps from when Christine donated earlier this summer. They’re yours for the taking!
- If you aren’t familiar with how our meetings work, we typically follow this format:
- Quick announcements
- Show and share
- Sewing on individual projects, and of course conversation (or tutorial, if one is scheduled)
- After Christmas Party – Mark your calendars! The Boise Modern Quilt Guild After Christmas Party will be December 27. We will have more details as the day gets closer! Since we had so much fun last year doing a swap we want to do another one. This Christmas we will swap aprons. Something most of us can use! Should be fun!
Hope you join us!