We are excited to share with you that we are bringing in modern quilt designer and author Christa Watson for an all-day workshop!
Christa Watson is an award winning quilt maker and author of two machine quilting books. Her designs have been featured in several publications including Make Modern and QuiltCon magazines. She regularly teaches quilting workshops and is teaching at QuiltCon 2016 in Pasadena, CA. You can find Christa on social media @christaquilts or at christaquilts.com.
About the Modern Machine Quilting with Style workshop:
Take your quilts to the next level by adding depth and dimension to your quilts. The secret is learning to let go of perfection by practicing asymmetrical textures that require little to no marking. Gain confidence with walking foot wonders, then move on to free-motion favorites. Students will practice on sample “sandwiches” and may bring in their tops for a discussion of possible quilting ideas. Students should have a basic understanding of their sewing machines and know how to switch between feet easily.
- When: Saturday, March 26, 2016, 10:00am – 4:30pm
- Where: NEW LOCATION – Joann Fabric and Craft – 1085 N Milwaukee St. We will be in the upstairs classroom on the 2nd floor. Just take the elevator that’s located in the back of the store, near the restrooms.
- Cost: $70 for Boise MQG members / $90 for non-members
- Availability: 22 spots are available, first come first served. Sign-ups are open to Boise MQG members until 2/8/16, and any spots available after then will be open to non-members.
- Required Supplies: (supply list) Please note that this supply list includes Christa’s book Machine Quilting With Style, available on Amazon for $21 hardcopy or $10 as an e-book.
To enroll in the workshop, please complete this Modern Machine Quilting with Style workshop form, which includes instructions on how to pay. Once payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email that your spot has been secured, along with a class supply list.