Join us for our monthly Sew Day! We are meeting at a NEW LOCATION – the Boise Public Library on Capitol Blvd, in the Marion Bingham Room on the 3rd floor. Please note that we are meeting at an EARLIER TIME, for this month only.
When: Saturday, January 25, 11am – 1pm
Where: Boise Public Library, 715 S Capitol Blvd, Boise, ID (Marion Bingham Room on 3rd floor)
This is going to be an exciting year for the Boise Modern Quilt Guild! Over the next few months we will be exploring some of the different elements that make up modern quilting.
We will kick off the year at our January 25th Sew Day (note the different time and location) learning more about one of the components of modern quilting: reinterpreting traditional design with design and fabrics.
We will show examples of how modern fabrics and color can transform traditional blocks into something modern, and explore some of our favorite modern fabric lines and designers (and where to purchase that great fabric online!) We will also work through an online tutorial together to illustrate how tweaking the design of a traditional quilt block can make it modern.
Tutorial Supplies :: Modern Sawtooth Star from 42quilts.com
- Cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter
- Iron and small ironing board (if you have something portable)
- Outside fabric – 2 pieces of 3”x5” and 1 piece cut 4”x4”
- Fabric for points – 4 pieces (same color, mix of colors, your call) at least 3.5” wide and about 10” long
- Center fabric – 5” or larger square
- Sewing machine, thread, etc.
- Also – bring a power strip/surge protector if you have one.
Below is an example of the modern Sawtooth Star. Everyone’s will turn out different!
Hope you join us!
As always, bring completed projects for Show & Tell.