Our guild works together to make quilts to donate to organizations in need of them. We’ve compiled this list of Boise-area recipient organizations and the types of quilts they accept. We will try to update this list occasionally, but you may want to contact them to verify prior to dropping off your quilt donation.
Ronald McDonald House
- They accept quilts ranging from crib size to bed size.
- Blankets are gifted to families who stay at the RM house.
- Drop off quilts any time from 9am – 6pm, Sunday – Saturday.
Women and Children’s Shelter
- They request quilt sizes for twin size beds or larger.
- Drop off quilts Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 12pm – 4pm.
- Their greatest need is quilts given to teen boys, therefore, bright and cheery age appropriate fabric designs are requested.
- Quilt size requested is 54“ x 72” or 60“ x 72” (referred to as teen size).
- Drop off locations in the Treasure Valley are on their website.
Quilts of Valor
- Quilts are given to military service members touched by war. This is a national organization, there is no local chapter. Check this site for how to donate your quilt.
St. Luke’s Hospital
- Quilt donations for adults, children’s cancer clinic, and children’s hospital are requested.
- Quilts must come from an environment free of smoke, pet dander, dust and perfumes and be newly made, unused, clean, free from pins and odors.
- Fabrics are requested to be free from political, religious, discriminatory or violent content.
- Donations can be delivered to St. Luke’s Health Foundation, 420 W. Idaho Street, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm.