As part of our mission, the Boise Modern Quilt Guild provides opportunities for giving back to the community through the use of modern quilting skills. And as usual, our members jump in to help, and participate in making Get ‘er Done quilts — so named because the seeds of these quilts are often extra blocks or neglected projects that simply need a little attention and TLC to get done.
The Get ‘er Done project is a continuation of other community efforts. Since 2021, at least 10 BMQG quilts have found homes with local families and organizations. A huge thanks to everyone who’s helped stitch these together, and for folks who help deliver the quilts! Here’s a recap of where the quilts have gone.
Where Quilts Went
- Blue/red/yellow improv blocks: St. Luke’s Foundation
- Three Sisters of the Hex quilts (Denise Arellano memorial): Dave Arellano, Arellano family friend & daughter, and Denise’s sibling
- Gray/multi leader-ender project from 2021 day camp: Christmas gifts for seniors
- Pink/green from Gwen-Darla-Jeri-Cathy R.: Christmas gifts for seniors
- Second gray/multi leader-ender from 2021 day camp: St. Lukes Foundation
- Three kid quilts from Marilyn: St. Lukes Foundation