When: Saturday, August 27, 1 pm – 4 pm
Where: Victory Branch Library, 10664 W Victory Road, Boise, ID (Forrey Room Room, downstairs) on the corner of Victory/Five Mile – Please note that this is a different location than where we normally meet.
This month Laura Pukstas will be giving us a demo on using the Quick Curve Ruler. If you would like to participate please bring the following:
- Quick Curve Ruler by Sew Kind of Wonderful (available online and at local area quilt shops)
- Rotary cutter (45mm or 28mm)
- New blade in rotary cutter
- Cutting mat (a 12” rotating cutting mat works well for this block)
- 12” or 12 ½” square up ruler
- Basic sewing supplies (ripper, scissors, thread, pins, etc.)
- Marking pen
- Sewing machine with a neutral color thread
- Tweezers or stiletto
- 1/4 yard background fabric
- 1/8 yard print fabric
We will be making 1 Chic Star block. If you want to make more you will need more fabric. Laura will be providing the patterns for the blocks. Please cut the background fabric into 8- 4” x 8” rectangles and from the print fabric cut into 4- 4” x 8”.
After the demo, members are encouraged to work on their own projects, so bring your sewing machine and sewing/quilting projects to work on.
As always, please bring your completed modern projects and your BOM to share with the group.
If you have them, it’s always a good idea to bring a power strip and/or small extension cord as well.
Not familiar with how our meetings work? We typically follow this format:
- Quick announcements
- Show and share
- Sewing on individual projects, and of course conversation (or tutorial/presentation if one is scheduled)