When: December 5, 2015, 1-4 p.m.
Where: Boise Public Library, 715 S Capitol Blvd, Boise, ID (Marion Bingham Room on 3rd floor)
Yes, it is that time of year again! Since we are a non-profit we are required to hold an annual meeting to take care of a few quick – but important – items of business. We promise to make the business part go quick! Below is an outline of the meeting as well as some other announcements.
A few changes for your calendar:
We are combining our November and December meetings. Instead of meeting November 28 and December 26, we will meet December 5. Our annual after-holiday party will be January 23 at our regularly scheduled sew day.
At our January after-holiday party we will exchange totes. We will be emailing members a form to fill out so swap partners can learn a bit more about each other’s likes and dislikes. Check out our Tote Bag Tutorials Pinterest board for inspiration if you are interested in participating. Please get your form filled out by 12/6/15 so we can match you with your swap partner!
Membership position opening:
Lori has done a wonderful job coordinating membership while also being our Treasurer, but the time has come to make membership its own position. This is not an elected position and it really is a lot of fun – you get to learn who our new members are first! This position includes:
- Help new members and visitors feel welcome at guild meetings and events by introducing yourself and engaging them in conversation.
- Answer new member and visitor questions regarding guild membership.
- Send welcome letter to new members.
- Distribute membership cards and MQG pins at guild meetings.
- Collect payment and deposit checks from new and renewing members. (Many members now pay on-line via Paypal.)
- Inform treasurer of new members.
- Activate new members and remove non-renewing members on the MQG community website.
- Maintain membership roster on the guild’s shared drive.
- Maintain a list of benefits for members: local fabric/quilt shop discounts, etc.
- Encourage guild members to make their own name tags, to be worn at meetings and events.
- Ensure guild meetings and events have temporary name tags available for members and visitors to wear.
- Record attendance of members at monthly meetings: ensure all attendees have signed in via the Guild Roster.
Let us know if you are interested ASAP. Duties would start January 2016.
December 5th meeting
- Dues: If you are interested in being a member of the Boise Modern Quilt Guild in 2016, we’ll be processing memberships. If you’d like to take care of your membership beforehand, or if you can’t make it to the meeting, please go to the Boise Modern Quilt Guild Membership page and use the Paypal option to pay your $20 dues online. Or you may mail your $20 dues to Lori Wambolt at 5582 E Stageline Dr, Boise ID 83716. Checks should be made payable to Boise Modern Quilt Guild. Please have your dues in by December 15, 2015.
- Financials: We will review our financial information – where money was spent in 2015 and what we expect our expenses to be in 2016.
- Voting: We will vote on the Board of Directors. Our Board is currently comprised of: Christy Foltz-Ahlrichs, President; Angela Bowman, Vice President; Lindsie Bergevin, Secretary; Lori Wambolt, Treasurer.
- A few rules about the vote:
- At the meeting any member in good standing may nominate another person to the board with the second of another member.
- To be qualified as an elected officer, a member must be in good standing, and have been active in the Guild for at least one year (with exception for the founding officers).
- Renewing and new members are allowed to vote.
- A member does not have to be present to be on the ballot, but you must be at the meeting to vote.
- See Position Descriptions of Board Members for more information.
- A few rules about the vote:
- Learn about some of the activities that are planned for 2016.
- As always, bring a project to work on and your modern projects to show off!